Call 9-911 from an on-campus phone or 911 from a cell phone to report an emergency that requires immediate assistance from police and rescue personnel.
If you are aware of anyone bringing any type of weapon to campus, or storing any type of weapon on campus, you should immediately notify the Office of Public Safety at 401.865.2222 or press the emergency button on any Blue Light phone.
Public Safety will ask you to provide helpful information that includes:
- The name of the individual suspected of bringing the weapon
- The location of the weapon
- Whether the suspect has threatened anyone
- Any other details that may prevent the suspect from hurting themself or others.
- Faculty members who suspect that a weapon is in the classroom: Do not panic or abandon the classroom.
- Find a way to discreetly notify the Office of Public Safety at 401.865.2222.
- Do not attempt to disarm a suspect who threatens you with a weapon.. Back away with your arms up. Try to remain calm.