Call 9-911 from an on-campus phone and 911 from a cell phone to report an emergency that needs immediate assistance from police and rescue personnel.
- If possible, ensure the safety of the victim(s) and any other persons in the area.
- Call 9-911 from an on-campus phone and 911 from an off-campus phone to report the assault and request assistance from police and rescue personnel.
- After you call 911, immediately call 401.865.2222, or press the emergency button on any Blue Light phone, to notify the Office of Safety and Security.
- Inform Security of the location of the assault; describe the alleged perpetrator(s); describe the circumstances; and state, if you know, whether the assault involved the use of threats or weapons.
- Remain with the victim until help arrives.