Alcohol or Drug Poisoning
Call 9-911 from an on-campus phone and 911 from a cell phone to report an emergency that needs immediate assistance from police and rescue personnel.
- Stay beside the person and call the Office of Safety and Security at 401.865.2222 or press the emergency button on any Blue Light phone.
- Security will call 911 or dispatch EMT’s as appropriate.
Symptoms of possible alcohol poisoning that should cause you to be concerned include the following:
- The person is non-responsive.
- The person is incoherent and/or vomiting.
- The person’s breathing is shallow.
- The person has cold, clammy skin.
- The person appears bluish or pale.
- The person has taken other drugs in addition to ingesting alcohol.
- The person has a head injury.
Alcohol poisoning can be fatal. Do not allow someone who has had too much to drink to “sleep it off.”