Public Safety Mobile Apps
PC Guardian – Campus Safety App
The PC Guardian Campus Safety App transforms your mobile phone into a personal safety device.
Guardian enhances safety on campus through a virtual safety network of friends, family, and campus safety.
- Panic Button – Direct immediate connection to campus safety with GPS location and personal profile information.
- Tip Texting – Enables anonymous crime tip reporting and 2-way communication via SMS or mobile app.
- Personal Guardians – Students can identify friends, roommates and family as “Guardians” along with Campus Safety. Students can set a Guardian Timer. During a Timer session Guardians and Campus Safety can check status of student. If the timer is not deactivated before it expires, campus safety is automatically provided with the user’s profile to proactively identify and check-in on the individual.
How to Download PC Guardian:
- Access the app via the direct link within the PC App. If you don’t have the PC App, search “Rave Guardian” in the Apple App or Google Play store.
- Install the app. Once installed, open the app. When prompted, select “I am with a school” and enter your name and PC email address.
- Complete the rest of the sign-up information, and verify both your phone number and email address in order to complete registration. PC Guardian will now be available as a stand-alone app on your phone.
Crisis Manager — Emergency & Campus Resource App
The Crisis Manager app allows for access to emergency information and campus support resources directly from your mobile phone.
- Emergency Response Guide – The College’s Emergency Response Guide. Assists you in taking appropriate action once an emergency alert is broadcast and/or if you are directly or indirectly involved in a particular scenario covered by the Emergency Response Guide (e.g. medical emergency, alcohol/drug poisoning, suicide attempt, fire, severe weather, earthquake, assault, civil disturbance, weapons/active shooter, lockdown, hostage situation, bomb threat).
- PC CARE Student Network – Can help you get general help for a friend, roommate, teammate, or any other student you are concerned about. Includes information and guidance on issues such as aggression, anxiety, depression, eating disorders, psychotic behaviors, substance abuse and suicide risk.
- Title IX & Sexual Harassment – Provides sexual misconduct & relationship violence support, resource and policy information. Includes “Get Help Now” contact information.
Please keep in mind that all emergencies are still best reported to
the Office of Public Safety on their emergency line 401.865.2222.
How to Download Crisis Manager:
- Access the app via the direct link within the PC App. If you don’t have the PC App, search “Crisis Manager” in the Apple App or Google Play store.
- Install the app.
- Click on the “+” symbol in the right corner to add a plan. Select Providence College.
- Click on “Emergency Response Guide” to load the guide.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 for the PC CARE Student Network and Title IX Sexual Harassment
- Crisis Manager will now be available as a stand-alone app on your phone.