Crime Prevention Information
Campus safety is a concern to all of us. At Providence College, we are continually developing new programs and resources which focus on creating a safe and secure campus environment. Some of the services available to you through the Office of Public Safety include:
- Emergency blue light phones and security cameras are strategically provided throughout the campus and monitored 24 hours a day by Public Safety.
- When deemed necessary, Timely Warnings (Crime Alerts) are issued through the Office of Public Safety via e-mail.
- Students can register expensive property with serial numbers such as computers, bikes, and cameras with the Office of Public Safety. This information will be maintained in a database that can be entered into the National Crime Information Center if the item is stolen.
- The Friar Nite Shuttle Service is available to provide transportation between campus and the surrounding PC neighborhood. The service, which is operated by Transportation Services, operates seven days a week when classes are in session.
- Vehicle, foot and bike patrols are provided throughout the campus.
Crime Prevention Tips
As a member of the Providence College community, you can play an important role to help keep our campus safe.
- Do not prop doors open or leave your dorm room open
- Walk in lighted areas at night
- Do not wear headphones or look at your phone while walking
- Use the Friar Nite Shuttle Service
- Report crimes anonymously by our Silent Witness Online Form (Do not use this form for crimes in progress) Call Public Safety immediately with the information
- Pay attention to campus Crime Alerts
- Always lock car doors
- Do not leave valuable items in your car in view
- Remember to report any suspicious person immediately to the Office of Public Safety: 865.2391. In case of emergency, call 865.2222.